Friday, June 20, 2014

Sayonara Japan

Just a brief stay in Chiba before a short train trip to Narita airport. There wasn't anything special in Chiba except the monorail that runs through town. The capsule hotel was pretty much the same as all the other, except there was no WiFi for me to use and people smoked in the capsule area. It's just great to be woken up by the smell of cigarette smoke. I was indifferent to smoking in public, but I think Japan has changed my mind. Capsule hotels aren't really that bad, but I never want to stay in one ever again. Of course on my very last train ride I mess up and was on the wrong train going back to Tokyo. All the signs said to Narita so I have no idea how the hell that happened. Maybe something is trying to keep me here. Good thing I had like 8 hours before my flight.

So this is it my last post. I write this sitting in the airport waiting for my flight back to America. I have been here so long I kind of got used to being here, and leaving feels a bit weird. Coming back to the airport I remembered the first night off the plane being lost with no idea what to do, it felt like ages ago. It is time to head back though. I want to thank everyone who has been following me on my journey and I hope you enjoyed my pictures.







That my gate, I just need my plane.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog, it reminds me of A train trip we took from Tokyo to Narita Airport , passing urban towns, the scenes of Tokyo passing by the window.
    I tried to write a blog about it, hope you also like : https://stenote.blogspot.com/2021/07/a-train-from-tokyo-to-narita-airport.html

    ReplyDelete