Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cloudy Hitachi Seaside Park

I has to got out of the way for this park. It would have been perfect to go Hitachi Seaside Park I had landed in Narita, but the flowers I wanted to see were not in bloom, so I waited until now. It started as a sunny day in Tokyo, but then was very overcast when I arrived. The flowers don't pop like I wanted them to. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I will try again. I was going to camp, but the site is out of season and closed down. I could have easily still camped, but somebody recently cut some trees, and I did want to scare some guy working there when I woke up. So I walked to the local train and man my body hurts. Back, knees, and feet all hurt from lugging the 30 pounds (give or take) on my back. I head back to the station for the capsule hotel. My body needed a break.

Before the hotel I stopped for dinner as cup of noodles wasn't going to cut it. I see this Hawaiian themed place and they have long board beer. I have to go in because who knows if I will see it again. A total mistake, as it becomes the only negative experience so far. In short, the place is empty, I go in order a beer, and I wait almost an hour for my food. I'm pissed, but I  waited as I didn't want noodles or the McDonald's next door. Of course they bill me in full. I say I will not pay in full for how long I waited to get my order. They said I needed to get them when I order, but the the Japanese girls after me didn't have to do that. The owner comes out saying it's free, but it seems he just doesn't want to deal with me. I try to pay, as I want to pay what is fair, but it is free now. Fuck it. I'm done so I leave. Cultural differences? Probably, but they still ignored me, and it put me In a bad mood after.

Capsule hotels are actully kind of nice if you just want to sleep. Sweet sweet WiFi, laundry, and vending machines for a cheap dinner. There is an open bath that would seem weird to to Americans. It is a big open room and you sit to shower and dunk yourself with a bucket. Don't like getting naked in front of people? Too bad as it is the only way. Apartments are the same. The whole room (bathroom) is the shower and you sit to wash. The tub is ment to just soak in and to not clean. A better system I think. Tomorrow more Hitachi Seaside Park with hopfully more sun and blue skies.












The other side of the Pacific.
Only one car for this local seaside town train.
The driver left for whatever reason and I was tempted to sit at the controls.


2 comments:

  1. Like reading your log. Flowers are beatiful. Drink more beer. Christer

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you've seen the other side of the Pacific!

    Found this online. If you want to get the disbetus when you're there give this a shot...
    http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/04/18/krispy-kreme-japan-donut-ice-cream-sundaes/

    ReplyDelete