Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Green Tea Ice Cream

Today I am back were I started almost two months ago. I booked a capsule hotel for cheap, and the area it was in is the same as when I first arrived in Tokyo. On that first day I got off the bus at Tokyo station and walked north a long way looking for a hostel. At that time I had no idea were I was going to stay for the night, and had no idea what I was doing or what to look for. It feels so long ago, but today I walked familiar streets and everything is natural.

Green tea is big in Japan so they have a lot of other things like candy or bread in that flavor. I'm not really big on tea, so normally I wouldn't pick up a tea flavored ice cream. The first time I had it I thought I was getting mint chocolate chip. After the first bite I was confused as to what the hell in was eating. It's pretty good, especially with chocolate. Pictured below is this ice cream sandwich thing I get every time. This is the first time I have seen it in green tea. The standard one has the basic ice cream cone but in two waffle shapes enclosing vanilla ice cream with a layer of chocolate. Because the ice cream is inside you don't have to worry about melting all over. Then there is an all chocolate version only sold at Mini Stop convenience stores that is amazing. I always try and hunt that one down, but it is hard to find. These things need to come to the US, seriously, the are good.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're starting an import business when you get home.

    ReplyDelete