Friday, May 2, 2014

Kinkaku-Ji and Kurodani Temple

Kinkaku-Ji Temple is probably the biggest tourist spot in Kyoto. Besides the golden temple there is nothing else to see. I got there earlier and there were still a lot of tourists. The temple is cool, but I wouldn't really recommend this place.

I headed to Kurodani Temple on the other side of town. Lots of walking. This place was interesting, basically a big grave site. I felt kind of weird taking pictures here as it would be like taking pictures of a church cemetery. I wandered after the temple and  ran into a street section that followed a small river. Then ran into the first shopping arcade I have seen. They are places with a lot of shops and the street is covered by a glass roof. A small mall really.













The view from on the top of the stairs.




He's looking right at me!

I could have taken the bridge but that would be no fun.




3 comments:

  1. I noticed your turtle friend was looking up at you, interesting perspective. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an outstanding job of documenting your adventure! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete