Thursday, May 8, 2014

Osaka Aquarium

Ever since I lived in Monetery Bay and visited the aquarium there so often I have a big love for them. All I new about the Osaka Aquarium was that they had a whale shark, and knowing how massive those can be, that was enough to make it a must see place. Sky was also staying at the dorm visiting from China, and this was her last day to tour around in Japan. She had never been to an aquarium before so we went together to check it out.

The Oasaka Aquarium is simply amazing. First off the layout is very well done. You start on the top and basically spiral down around the large tank. There are so many species to see. The top floor had penguins, dolphins, seals, and even some land animals. The tanks are vertical, so for instance the seals top floor has a land area, but the the next floor shows the deeper section of the tank to watch them dart around in the water. Then finally the main tank. It is massive, holding hammerhead sharks, schools of fish, mantaray, and the whale shark. It is of course a baby one, but it's the size you would expect Jaws to be. Having been scuba diving I can honestly say this place really made me feel like I was under water. I could put some of the pictures and put them with my true underwater pictures and it would be hard to tell the difference. I was just blown away by this aquarium they had everything from tropical to artic climates. The whole day was the most fun I have had in Japan so far.


The Osaka Aquarium.
We caught this guys street show right outside the Aquarium.
He spoke Japanese, so we couldn't really understand what he was saying,
but he was still funny.









I'll take that job.

Sky in front of the big tank.
Each popular animal had a stap, so we went around collecting them.
Large spider crab. They all stood still just moving their mouths.

I was really happy they had a jellyfish area.
Just like Monterey!
Infinity mirror! It was hard to take pictures of ourselves because it was usually so dark.
The artic area and the bottom of a seal tank.
The view.
A giant ferris wheel was outside.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had someone to share the aquarium with. You are right looks like you are underwater.Glad you are having fun.Love MOM xoxoo

    ReplyDelete