Thursday, May 22, 2014

Toyota Automobile Museum

I'm in the city of Nagoya. With a whole big city to explore there is only one place I really want to see, The Toyota Automobile Museum. I guess this solidifies me as a car guy. You would think that it would be a museum consisting entirely of Toyota cars, and I would have still been satisfied if that was the case, but there is a whole timeline of cars from many companies here. There are some very rare, unique, expensive, and some common cars on display. For some reason they had a De Lorean (Back to the Future car) as the first thing you see at the ticket counter. That hunk of junk belongs in a dumpster not a museum. Anyway. They go from 1900 all the way to modern day, and all the cars are in running condition.

The real reason for me to go to this museum though? The Toyota 2000GT. A rare car indeed, only something like 337 were ever produced, and sell for over a million dollars today. In person it is simply a work of art. Next to the 2000GT was an empty space. I go to read what is supposed to be there. The Lexus LFA. God dammit! Probably my only chance to see one of the coolest modern supercars, and I missed it. Some jerk is probably taking a joyride in it.


Toyota Model AA 1936. The first Toyota.
2000GT



The most perfect Land Cruiser I have ever seen.
Japanese 1955 Flying Feather. Reminded me of my dune buggy.



2 comments:

  1. Now that's a Land Cruiser, tires have a thin profile. The last picture of the green 3 wheel cart, look like an electric cart? Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your post. Thanks for sharing it mini mot & volkswagen mot

    ReplyDelete